Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Spirit of Christmas

My friend asked me, "does it feel like Christmas?" Which led to a rather contemplative sunny-day run. As I thought about the feelings of Christmas I was overwhelmed with humbling thoughts of my Savior, feelings which were stronger than Taylor Swift at full volume in my earbuds. (which is evidence enough that she can't be that bad). Christmas this year has been extra special to me as I reflected on this last year. This last year, I watched the Atonement working daily in my life. The experience fortified and solidified my testimony of Jesus Christ. In this year, I have finally healed, and I am entirely whole. His power is real, His life undeniable. Because of Christ, my most difficult moments and hardest struggles have become my most sweetest of memories. I have never been more grateful in my life for all that I have, all that I am and all that I can become.  These realizations are the most empowering motivations and the most humbling of attitudes. But with them, I can feel my Savior in every moment and detail of my life. I can turn to Him, wherever I am, and feel His love (even when I am running and listening to Taylor Swift). 
After this year, I feel that I understand Christmas more than I ever have. And that understanding has brought me greater peace, light and love than I have ever had in my life. 
I finished stretching in the driveway in the sunshine. 
Yeah, it feels like Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment