Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th

Being single on Valentines Day has been socially dubbed as "pathetic". Another year, and yes, I'm single on Valentines Day. Now, your picturing me home alone in my apartment, in sweats, eating cookie dough straight up with my tub of ice cream, box of chocolates I bought myself, watching chick flicks and quietly crying to myself in my humiliation. false.
I'm more than happy to be single on Valentines day. I've actually never felt happier. Even without a boyfriend, it still looks like cupid threw up in my bedroom; balloons, flowers, chocolates, candies, stuffed animals, cards, not much room for anything else with all that love in there. But even besides all the people that bought into the Hallmark Valentines day, I am proud to be single. Being single doesn't make me feel incomplete or inadequate. Instead, I am single because I stood up for myself when I wasn't treated right. I am strong and independent (as cheesy as that sounds right now). I value myself to not settle for anything less than what I deserve; I believe I do deserve more than that how I've been treated in the past. and that's something to celebrate too.

Valentines Day is really just about love. Love from a significant other, love from family, love from friends, love from roommates, love from yourself. So buy candies, cards, and flowers and tell all those people in your life how much you love them, just don't forget to say "I love you" on the other 364 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment