Friday, April 6, 2012

my WHOLE life

My friend (I feel like a lot of blog posts are inspired by said friend; she definitely inspires a lot of things in me.) asked me, "what's going best right now?" To which I responded, "MY WHOLE LIFE!"
I don't know if that is necessarily the whole truth. Oh, now a little more of the real story comes out... I've never before felt so overwhelmed with school work. With finals and the end of the semester looming in the not so distant future, I can't believe how many papers I need to write, papers I haven't even had time to think about. I feel like I'm failing all my classes, and I'm never quite sure what is going on. My life has become a whirlwind of absolute chaos. I have too much weighing on my mind, you'd think there wouldn't be anything to tip the scales.
And yet, I feel so at peace. At peace with my life and my decisions. I've never felt so happy before. And this calmness hasn't come from a lack of opposition in my life, oh we all know there is plenty of that, but it's a stillness in the the eye of the storm. I'm content with where everything seems to be going. And I can't stop smiling about the little things in life: still finding a key under my doormat every morning, having a carton of Orange Juice in the fridge, finishing a paper before I crawl into bed, being able to breath through both my nostrils and laugh without feeling like I'm going to lose a lung, catching up with old friends, not putting any make up on in the morning, the first day without pain, a renewal of hope, running again, and eating dinner. I mean, life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment